Monday, February 10, 2014

DIY Cloud Light


Last week I was getting ready for to host a baby shower for a sweet friend. I was in charge of some DIY projects for decorations including, the table cloth, table runner, mailbox bow, and the blessing tree. Once I got all of those done I started on the gift. And if you know me at all you know I am not someone to just buy a gift. So basically be warned, if I ever have to get you a gift it's safe to assume it wouldn't be on your "list".


So I decided to make a "night light" for the nursery :) I mean every new mom needs a good light for all those late night nursery visits. I wanted it to be super unique, and I had seen some cloud lights around and just thought they were super calming.

All you need to make your own cloud light is a paper lantern, hot glue/glue gun, pendent glue gun, and poly-fill.


Then all you do is pop your lantern open, pull  your poly-fill in to whimsy sections, and hot glue all around! Super easssyyyyyy :)

Reed said he thought I should add more but I wanted it to be airy so I left it pretty loosely packed around the lantern.

We started off with a pendent lamp kit. that was super easy to attach but I decided with it being a gift for a nursery it would be better as a floor lamp to sit near their glider.

So we went to Lowes and found a floor lamp they had on cleareance.  It was perfect how it hooked and kept the simplistic flow of the cloud. All we had to do was take off the glass globe and wrap the lantern cloud around it with wire.


I LOVE the way it turned out, and honestly, if I didn't have to give it as a gift and maybe had a little more room in the house I would have kept it for myself! 

 photo gracie-sig_zps2d86285f.jpg

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...